There are hundreds of products to protect and repair the paintwork for your car out there, and it gets hard differentiating between them.
That’s why we’ve created a list of the top 8 products that are the best clear coat paint protection for cars out there. Look down the list with us and find out which one is the best suited for you and your car.
The single best product we’ve found for protecting, polishing and repairing the paintwork of any car, no matter the situation or problem. Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound is exceptional at keeping paintwork protected, no matter what, as well as being excellent for clearing scratches, paint discoloration and water marks. Overall, this is an exception clear coat paint protection polish, and will easily do the job no matter what you drive.
- Micro abrasive technology restores the surface of your car to a showroom finish with minimal swirling and scratching, and leaves a gloss like finish.
- Dedicated formula makes the process simpler than ever. Easier to apply than comparable brands, so less elbow grease needed on your part.
- Designed to be used on clear coat paint, so perfectly safe to use.
- Can be applied both by hand or with a polisher
- Huge bottle lasts for ages, with the option to purchase in bulk.
- Corrects paint defects effortlessly, with an exceptional finish, especially in complex areas.
The clay bar is a smart touch. It’s used to pick up any contaminants on the paintwork before you finish it, whether they’re as large as tree sap or bird droppings, or as small as ingrained dust particles. If your car sits outside a lot or needs dedicated protection from a lot of outside contaminants, this is the best choice.
- Clay bar system is bar none the best way of clearing surface contamination from a car. Picks up damn near anything that’s sitting on your paintwork, no matter how far ingrained.
- Works on all paint types, as well as glass and plastics. Safe to use all over your vehicle.
- Clay bar is a softer variety of clay than other types. Less aggressive and safer to use on delicate paintwork, and can be easily remoulded and reused.
- Comes with a microfiber towel for easy application.
Slightly more expensive than what we’ve just looked at, Liquid Glass auto polish boasts an impressive differentiating factor. Once applied, it should never have to be removed. It will simply sit there for the life of your car, protecting it year after year after year.
For longer lasting protection, this is our number one choice.
- Safe to use on all paint types, glass and chrome.
- Hardens like glass, never cracks, chips or peels off
- Protects against everything your car will face. Acid rain, road salt, oil and tar. Sap, bugs, bird droppings and scratches.
- Finish looks factory perfect. Shop floor quality.
Another product by Meguiar’s, this mirror glaze sealant differs from the above by being specifically designed to enhance the gloss and color of your paintwork. It is a bit more expensive, though. As products for clear coat paint protection for cars go, this is the choice for anyone who wants the color of their car to appear as deep and glossy as possible.
- Gloss boosting formula leaves paint noticeably deeper, darker and more reflective.
- As easy to apply as other Meguiar products. Smoother application leads to less swirls and other marks that need polishing out.
- Exceptional water protection. Fluids just bead up and slide right off of the paintwork.
- Generous amount, with an easy ten or more uses from one bottle.
An expensive but effective option. Jetseal, from Chemical guys, is a choice for those who want their clear coat paint protection for cars to be as resistant to the elements and other chemical hazards as possible. The rock hard, highly resistant finish will protect your car completely, but you pay a premium to do so.
- Unique anti-corrosion sealant, first developed to be used on planes, keeps your car completely protected from any environmental hazards. Nothing we face down here is anything like what a plane has to deal with, so you know you’re safe.
- Creates a sealed finish over the paintwork of your car, keeping it protected and safe, whilst also enhancing the look, leading to a wet, glossy, mirror finish.
- Works on paint, exposed metals and plastics, as well as glass.
- Can be applied by hand or with any polisher.
An excellent clear coat paint protector, Wolfgang’s Deep Gloss sealant is an excellent paint sealant and protector, but it’s relatively vanilla, with nothing to differentiate itself from those above. If you buy it, you won’t be disappointed, but there’s no frills.
- Each application lasts for months at a time, keeping your car looking cleaner and shinier for ages.
- German made fortified polymer technology gives paintwork a deep, glossy sheen.
- Dirt repelling, anti-static formula means dust and grime literally wipes free from your car with one swipe of a cloth.
- Incredibly water repellent, water beads clean and slides off.
We’ve looked at Car Guys wax before, and we love it. It’s a fantastic product that always provides excellent results. However, when it comes to clear coat paint protection specifically, there are better options above. Don’t get us wrong, this is a brilliant product. You’ll love the finish it gives and the look your paintwork will have, but the top three are still the top three for a reason.
- Car Guys are purveyors of professional detailing products. The finish on your car will be exceptional, as long as you follow the instructions.
- Easiest application in the business. Car guys boast that their products are the easiest to apply out there, and we’re inclined to believe them. No other products are as easy to get a mirror finish with.
- Comes as a complete kit, with microfiber towels and applicator sponges.
- Environmentally friendly, and made in the USA.
- Works on everything. Any car or truck. Any paint type. Even boats!
Our last choice, but by no means the least. Trinova Gold Standard is a solid, no frills paint sealant that’s more generous for the price than most. If you’re looking for a good, standard product when it comes to your clear coat paint protection for cars and nothing else catches your eye, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Long lasting. Bonds with the paintwork, unlike a traditional wax, so lasts for longer than the next rainstorm.
- Protects against water, UV, as well as dust and other contaminants.
- Large, 18oz bottle gives a couple more applications than similarly priced products.
- Enhances and deepens the color of your paintwork for a showroom shine.
Latest posts by Mike Smith (see all)
- The best windshield water repellent products in 2017 - May 9, 2017
- The four best nano coatings for stainless steel - May 7, 2017
- Best anti stain treatment for sofa for maximum protection - May 4, 2017