One of the most expensive things we all own, besides our houses and our cars, is something that we have with us 90% of the time, every single day. Our smartphones.
Why you should care about waterproof spray for phones
Today, everyone has a smartphone, no matter where they are. At the office, at school, even at home it’s on you at all times. And most new smartphones can run you anywhere from $500 to $1000+ dollars. Which, when you think about it, is pretty crazy.
Now, a lot of us have covers on our phones to keep them safe in our pockets and help if we should accidentally drop them, but the part of the phone that sees the most use, the part that’s constantly in contact with our skin, face up against the elements, and the most vulnerable part, is protected by a flimsy piece of plastic or glass, if at all.
When you think about it, this is madness. After all, the case of our phones can take a hit. You get scratches on that, you’re still gonna have a working phone. But if the screen gets damaged? Well, you’re pretty much done. You’ve either got something in he way of your vision every single time you use your phone, which means you’re probably going to have to shell out for a brand new phone pretty soon, or you’ve got a non-functioning brick.
In the past, our options were limited. A thin piece of plastic that you’d spend forever trying to get down flat, only to end up with bubbles all the way across it, or a tiny piece of glass that cracks the first time you apply any pressure to it. Thankfully, there’s finally a better option.
Enter waterproof spray for phones.
Nano-based waterproofing products have been used for years now to protect high end sports cars, and now that same technology has been adapted to an easy to use, long lasting and hard wearing protective spray that you can use at home to protect your phone.
So what are the advantages of waterproof spray for phones?
- First, it’s waterproof. Once you’ve treated your phone, water will literally just bead off and wipe clean in one swipe.
- Anti-scratch protection. Because it’s a coating on top of your screen, anything that might scratch the screen instead just scratches the spray coating
- No marks, smears or fingerprints. It’s especially formulated to stay cleaner, longer, so your screen won’t hold any smears or fingerprints.
- Impact distribution spreads the force of impact, protecting your screen against bumps, drops and bangs.
- Simple to apply. In just a few minutes, you can have every phone in your house protected.
- Long lasting. Sprays last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
Who benefits from waterproof spray for phones?
Literally anyone who has a phone.
- If you work outside, your phone is going to take a lot more flak than other people, so it needs protecting. Also, a lot of jobs leave your hands covered in dirt and dust, which obviously gets transferred to your phone every single time you touch it. You’ll really appreciate the protective aspects of a spray coating for your screen.
- If you work indoors, keeping your phone in tip top condition is easier than if you’re working a more manual job, so the benefits from a waterproof spray are much easier to take advantage of, plus you’re a lot more likely to be using it more often, so the anti-smear tech and scratch protection is huge.
- If you’ve got kids who are old enough to have phones, I’m sure you thought when you bought it, just like I did, how long it’ll last before they break it. Obviously if there’s something you can do that’s easy and inexpensive and make their phone last longer, it’s definitely worth doing.
Overall, if you’ve got a smartphone then it’s worth considering a waterproof spray protective coating. Consider it just another layer of insurance.
What are the best waterproof sprays for phones?
Just like every phone product out there, it’s a saturated market. And just like everything else when it comes to phones, there’s a million variations and not too much quality.
The waterproof spray we would always recommend is CeNano’s display screen sealant.
CeNano make nano-particulate sprays for every situation, from protecting car paintwork to waterproofing for million dollar boats, so you know they aren’t some fly by night company and their products are top quality.
Compared to a lot of sprays we’ve tried, this one felt really silky smooth. A lot of sprays leave a filmy feeling to your screen, not bad but definitely noticeable. This one left the screen feeling easier to use, with my fingertips gliding across it, and keeping the glass crystal clear with 100% clarity.
It’s pretty economical, too. Each application lasts around 30 to 40 days, and the bottle gives around 40 applications. So doing the math, one bottle will last an average family an entire year, and if you’re buying it just for your own phone it will last literally years.
It’s available online, too. You can buy it here, and have it delivered straight to your home.
If you don’t want the CeNano, we’d recommend either the Nano Defender Liquid Spray, which lasts for months after each application and comes with eight applications per purchase, or the Broad High-Tech Nano 9H spray, which is industrial grade hardness spray with 98% optical clarity.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter so much which product out of our choices you use. As long as you use one of them. They’re all effective, and all offer exceptional protection on any smartphone or tablet you might use them on.
So don’t wait. Every day you let pass is another day your phone could slip out of your hand, or someone elbows a coffee over. Just a few minutes to order and apply one of these sprays gives you piece of mind for months, so grab one today.