Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO has become the go-to waxing product for many of today’s professional automotive detailers. The reason: ceramic protectants are more resistant to environmental pollutants, resist heat and harmful UV rays, won’t wash off when using harsh carwash detergents, and they are much easier to apply than traditional car waxes (>>> Check on Amazon).
Ceramic-based protectants are a recent development in automotive technology. The main difference between a ceramic wax and standard car wax is that a ceramic wax will create a chemical bond with the painted surface of a vehicle, where a standard wax will just sit on top of the surface.
Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO Review of Main Specs:
|Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SC-18OZ-KIT|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Price||Check on Amazon|
Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO Review
This detailing product is actually three products in one: a polish, a wax, and a sealant. If you were to opt to using a standard waxing product you would be required to purchase each of these types of products separately. Bought separately these three products could easily cost you more than $60. Ethos PRO contains carnauba wax, resins, and polymers that combine to create a liquid. It comes in a squeeze bottle that will provide good product control when you go to apply it and an application pad.
Ethos PRO creates an unbelievably deep, shiny surface on your car. It provides both gloss and slickness and makes your car much easier to clean. Even bird droppings and tree sap will slide right off.
Ethos PRO contains Teflon, something not available in any “spray-on” formula protectants. The Teflon creates an ultra-slick surface that repels contaminants and water from adhering to it. In fact, the 1995 Guinness Book of World Records claimed that Teflon is the only substance on earth that a Gecko’s foot can’t stick to (what a relief for car owners who live where Geckos do. No more Gecko footprints on their vehicles!).
Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO will create a sealant that is rated at 9H on the Mohs hardness scale. Friedrich Mohs invented this scale as a way to measure the hardness of materials or minerals. For example, a human fingernail is rated at 2.5 on the scale and diamond is the highest, rated at 10. So a hardness of 9H (the H means ½) is pretty darn hard. It will do a great job at preventing scuffs and scratches. Car wax will last 1-2 months, paint sealants up to a year if you’re lucky, but a 9H ceramic coating will last 2-5 years.
- Provides a superior “wet-look” shine
- Does an excellent job of protecting from natural pollutants
- Superior protection against oxidation and corrosion
- Lasts 1+ years before having to reapply
- Contains 30% silica
- Ease of application requires professional tools
- Requires a 24 hour cure time
- Contacting plastic or rubber surfaces may cause them to turn white
Application Tips for Ceramic Wax
It just stands to reason: do it wrong and you get the wrong results. Do it correctly and you get the results you not only hoped for, but the results you paid and worked for. Always work in a shaded area and the car’s surface should be cool. Below are the recommended steps for applying a ceramic coating to your vehicle:
- Decontaminate the painted surfaces. You need to ensure that there are no impurities that will prevent a proper bond between the coating and the paint.
- “Clay Bar” the paint. This will remove any embedded contaminants that weren’t removed by the washing process alone. After the claying, your vehicle’s surface should feel as smooth as glass.
- Address any swirl marks or imperfections. This may involve buffing the vehicle with as buffing compound. If you vehicle is newer, with next no imperfections, you may be able to skip this step.
- Use a panel wipe product (a specific product) to remove any polishing residue.
- It’s time to apply the ceramic coating. Work on small sections at a time. Place a small amount of the ceramic wax on an applicator pad and apply it to the area. Coat the area evenly and it is important to remove any excess product.
- Allow the coating to cure the manufacturer’s recommended amount of time. Avoid exposing the vehicle to rain or water for at least 48 hours.
Ethos Ceramic Wax PRO blends a high gloss finish with superb durability and a slick finish (>>> Check the current price on Amazon). It’s easy to apply and with a relatively low cost, it is way less expensive than what a professional detailing service costs. And it is so easy to use that you don’t need any previous detailing experience to apply it to your car.